Sunday, March 28, 2010
Just one question this week (because if I keep asking 6 questions I'll run out of ideas!):
In the comments below, please answer the following question, then add your blog to the McLinky.
Are you working on any Spring or Easter-ish crafts in your household? Please do tell!
If you aren't, please tell us what you ARE working on at the moment.
Have fun on the Bloggy Bunny Hop!
Friday, March 26, 2010
P.S. I just watched Julie and Julia last night and LOVED it! How cute! Didn't really inspire me to cook though, just to blog and sew more.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Now it's YOUR turn to spill the beans (and I don't mean coffee because it's past 1:00pm). Please take a moment to answer the following questions. I had SEW much fun reading about how people learned to sew and where you are from. If you answer this post with a comment, PLEASE make sure to include your e-mail and I'll send you a FREE pattern too! Last thing, I've decided to add McLinky at the bottom. SO, if you answer these questions here in a comment, link up your blog (main page is OK) and we can visit each other and make some new bloggy friends!
2) Favorite hobby (sewing, quilting, scrapbooking, cooking, etc.)
3) What sort of patterns/designers/colors do you like? (i.e. bright and funky, soft and floral, Amy Butler, anything by 3 Sisters, Basic Grey, Sweetwater, etc.)
4) What patterns would you like to make? (i.e. tote bags, quilts, baby clothes, stuffed animals or softies, adult garments, home stuff like aprons or pillows, etc.)
5) Of the previous list, is there anything that you'd like to make more of?
6) Who do you sew/craft for most? (kids, family, friends, neighbors, customers, yourself!, etc)
7) Anything else you'd like to share?
8) Now add a link to your blog on McLinky!
OK, me first.
2) Sew and quilting although I think I have Crafters A.D.D. because I can't seem to focus very long on one project and have started making paper cards and even made a calendar with scrapbook paper!
3) I love bright and funky fabrics and have recently purchased 12 different fabrics with a lime green and turquoise blue color scheme for a new quilt! (Forgot I already had a set of FQs at home in that same color line!) I totally love Amy Butler, Heather Bailey, Anna Maria Horner, and I really like the Basic Grey fabrics most of the time. I know a lot of fabric designers are also designing for scrapbook paper companies and visa versa now. Basic Grey and Sweetwater are good examples of that.
4) I have plans to make lots of quilts (bought the kits for them!) but I also have lots of patterns for totes. I just saw a TON of cute patterns to make stuffed animals and I think that would be interesting but I don't know who I would give them to. I also like to make pillows, like I said, Crafter's A.D.D.
5) Pretty much more of EVERYTHING! I need to get myself OFF the computer so that I can actually SEW! In fact, I've started trying to make two things at a time since I seem to have so little time to spend sewing!
6) At the moment I'm sewing a tote bag for my mom and another one for my close friend as a gift. I also have plans to sew for our shop for samples and sale. I'm looking forward to seeing what people add to our flickr pool so I can get some more inspiration!
7) Hope this is fun and not too redundant with the previous meme (I'm calling it that because it's easier than anything else.)
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Thanks sew much to Amy from Positively Splendid who has offered to help me with designing a badge for the NEW flickr group! When we get that finished you can bet it will be the next post, but until it's ready, PLEASE do stop by the CGW Sew and Show flickr pool and join in and post your pictures! I've already put in a few pictures of things that Regina or I have made and I hope they will inspire you too! The idea is to show what we've made using our fabrics or patterns (or both) and we'd love to see what you've made! Don't worry, we aren't checking receipts to see if you purchased it from us. That's OK if you didn't but the exciting thing about flickr is that it's all about pictures and you can add a description to your pics. So you can tell us about the item, why you made, and where you got the inspiration. If you used fabric or patterns from our shop, well, GREAT! If you have a pattern that you've used and think we should carry, let us know in the discussion portion of the group. Well, happy stitching to you!
Friday, March 19, 2010
But I have a teensy little problem:
I REALLY want an uber cool badge to help promote our new group! You can put this cool badge on your blog and proudly tell the world that you're a member of the CGW Sew and Show group!
Can anyone out there help me out with creating a badge? If you would like to help out, I'd be willing work out some sort of swap, such as your design skills for hmm, maybe a yard of fabric or something. Please e-mail me if you think you could help. Thanks sew much!
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Just click the pictures or the name below to go straight to the shop and order! I hope you have fun shopping!
Happy Stitches to You,
Monday, March 15, 2010
Happy Stitches to You,
Friday, March 12, 2010
1) Your name
2) Where are you from?
3) Which do you do more, sew or quilt?
4) Where did you learn to sew or quilt?
5) How long have you been sewing/quilting?
6) What is one thing you want to do but are afraid of? (Can be related to sewing/quilting or not)
I'll answer first:
2) From Iowa City, IA, but lived in San Antonio, Texas for most of my life
3) At the moment I think I sew more than I quilt but I dream about quilting. I LOVE to make tote bags and small quilts and someday might make some clothing.
4) My mother in law, Regina, (aka the OTHER Crafty Girl) taught me to make a pillowcase for my new home when I first got married. She trusted me to use her BERNINA! I was hooked and have been sewing/quilting ever since.
5) That would make it about 6 years (but I did scrapbooking and rubber stamping cards before that and I've always sort of been "crafty")
6) I want to make some clothes, and maybe even with button holes! I love the Classic Shirt pattern so I think that's where I'd like to start.
Now, will you join me in the Friday Free for All and tell about yourself? I look forward to your replies.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
See the one down in the bottom right hand corner? I LOVE that fabric, it has such cute phrases all over it, things that you can add to the end of the phrase "Make Life..." The name of that fabric is Make Life Silly! Isn't that great!? The blue texture fabric in the middle of the bottom would be perfect made into some cool cotton tops for spring, such as the classic shirt pattern by Favorite Things.
I totally love this pattern and I don't know about where y'all live, but Spring has SPRUNG here, because it has been above 80 degrees the last two days!! Oh, and wouldn't this look cute in that solid blue with a little of the Make Life Bloom (bottom left side) on the cuff or flare of the sleeve? Oh, I think I might have to steal this pattern. Better get one before I get it! By the way, if you hop over to the webstore right now, you'll see on the front page the newly listed items and those include FREEBIRD charm packs!! Yes, they are in and they are REALLY making me anxious for our coordinating bolts arriving next month. Well, that's the shop update for today. I'm going to try to make my way back to my sewing room now. Anyone else get distracted on their way to go and sew something?
Happy Stitches to You,
Friday, March 5, 2010
Have a great weekend!
Thursday, March 4, 2010
I made something again, that's two weeks in a row! This time I used a funky sheet I found at a thrift store in Houston. I thought these cats would make up into a funny and ironic toy for my hyper dog (see last post for a picture of Starbuck). I put a cat picture on each side of the toy, lined it with thick canvas for durability and stuff it with polyfil. Then I stitched it closed and top stitched the entire thing! Fast and CHEAP project! Don't those cats just look like the are daring you to play with them? I'm linking this up to Everything Etsy and any other linky party I can find today. Sew Proud of myself!