Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Market Research

I know times are tough. Believe me, I know, people are getting laid off work left and right and I am just thankful to have my full time job, even if it's not the most exciting thing in the world. I am so thrilled by the surge in follwers to this blog! (Of course, that could be due to the extra entry in the drawing...) I am happy to see that there are so many quilters out there that share my passion for fabric and quilting. I've been curious to read the comments each day and thank you for the positive feedback on the items in my shop. Here is the thing, unfortunately, even with a huge interest in the give away, people in general are not really buying much at the moment. I thought this blog might be a good way to peek into your minds a little and figure out what it is you would want to buy if you could. I want the Crafty Girls Workshop to offer items of interest to you. If this means selling items we've made, great, if it means cutting kits and assembling groups of fabrics that are appealing, I can do that too. Please take a few seconds to respond to the poll on the right hand sidebar of my blog. If you would like to offer more of a reason why you chose the answer you did, feel free to leave a comment on this post or e-mail me at anna@craftygirlsworkshop.com I've seen a lot of new patterns that I would love to get my hands on and offer to you all as part of a pre-cut kit or just as a pattern. But before I go and purchase 10 of each pattern, I'd like to know there is some sort of interest. Thank you all for your time. The poll will be open until Saturday at 12 am at which time it will turn into a pumpkin, haha.

Happy Stitches,
Anna
Techno-Crafty Girl

3 comments:

  1. I love the stuff I see but my problem is two fold. My husband has been unemployed for a year and we have been victims of identity theft so we do not have a credit card to use online. A majority of sites will not work with you unless you can pay by card. I understand it is a problem. Praying that things pick up for you. Thanks for the fun stuff you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. I have to admit that my family is actually doing really well right now, so I'm doing some market research of my own for brick and mortar quilting store. just try to stick through this tough part and stay positive that the times will change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work, Things are not so bad over here in New Zealand, but spending is down. We know personally many middle management people who have no longer got jobs. I would love to purchase more but the exchange rate is the killer.

    ReplyDelete