Monday, April 18, 2011

Ambitious is Good: Retreat Update

I guess taking 4 projects is a good thing. I finished 2 quilt tops and 1 entire quilt, pieced, quilted it and put on the binding!! I guess I was afraid of the quilt police (NOT!)


Here's my finished baby quilt called Squared Up. I can't believe this was a UFO for SO long! It probably took me all of 5 hours from start to finish.

Close up, LOVE that binding!


Here is a wonky log cabin and Robot quilt. It started with just a panel of robots and some extra cogs in yellow and black. I mixed in some of my Moda Marbles from a jelly roll and it was PERFECT! I LOVE wonky log cabin quilts! My shirt says "What happens at quilt retreat stays at quilt retreat" Until, of course I blog about it on Monday. Haha.

 Here is the Paris Birds quilt I took with me. I need to add two borders but it was the first top I finished on Friday. (The blocks were already pieced, I just put them together into the top)


There was a fourth project I took with me that didn't get started, it was from the BRAND NEW Quilts and More, which I just got on Thursday. I'll post more about that later. So what did YOU finish this weekend??

Also, I think wearing the shirt Failure is NOT an Option helped when we played Left, Right, Center on Friday night because I WON! Yep, 40 random fat quarters! Hmm, wonder what I'll do with those?

Happy Stitches,
Anna

6 comments:

  1. I especially LOVE the last quilt you are holding in the pinks!! Fabulous pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! You got tons finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna,
    Glad you had a good time! After our emails last week, I decided to have a Quilt Retreat of my own this weekend... Just me at home. But I finished piecing a very large quilt top.

    Isn't it fun to finish something?

    And Woo Hoo for you winning 40 FQs... That's awesome!

    Paul
    www.OutnumberedQuilter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love quilting - wish I had a better sewing machine, so I could get on it. Those are some inspiring quilts! I love the pink one! I'm following you, on Google and FB, from Homemaker on a Dime's blog hop. Have a nice night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the 4 projects... I'm very much interested in quilting..http://www.vivamagonline.com/index.php I like the third one which is blue color.. It sounds great and all the best for upcoming projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilts look lovely! Great job! Thank you for sharing this at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :) I hope you'll join us again starting 5 pm this Sunday, PST.

    ReplyDelete