Sunday, February 21, 2010

Our Webstore: Cool Feature

I just figured out how to add a really cool feature to our webstore! Can you see what is circled in the example above? (For a closer look, click the picture to go straight to the webstore.) It's cutting options! How does it work? Let's say you want to make a Quilter's Quarters twirly skirt, which calls for 4 fat quarters. Well, it's soo easy to get exactly what you need without a lot of back and forth complicated chat. Just find the four fabrics you like and choose the radio button next to Fat Quarter $2.75. Then, in the Qty box just below the buttons, enter how many you'd like and click Order. Usually for FQs you'll just want one at a time. Do that for the four fabrics you like and then check out (don't forget to purchase the pattern and any additional yardage). The shopping cart program will automatically calculate the price and tell us you want Fat Quarters! Isn't that awesome?! You can do the same thing for 1/2 yard or 1 yard cuts! That is the beauty of our webstore, a pleasant shopping experience (we hope). OK, yes, I'll admit, I'm a computer geek and figuring out how to do something like adding the option to choose cutting choices seems like a cool feature. I have to admit though, that the Shoppe Pro webstore system makes things really easy (and I don't get any extra credit for saying that either). I hope you all have a wonderful week and find time to sew or quilt! I'll be back soon with more "cool" features.

Happy Stitches to You,
Anna

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I have always wanted to learn how to quilt. It's on my list! lol

    Visiting from SITS, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty cool feature, even more cool that you figured out how to use it!

    I'm not a sewer, but I wish I was. My Nana was a huge quilter and I always thought I would have the time for her to teach me. She passed away though :( Eventually I will pick it up...

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome feature! As a quilter, often all I need is a fat quarter... I'll look forward to peeking into your shop for sewing inspiration.

    Blessings,

    Val

    ReplyDelete