Monday, May 31, 2010

Yeah for Monday!

I can honestly say this is the first time in about three weeks that I've been happy it's Monday! That is because due to the Memorial Day holiday, I have today off!! I do have a little quilting I plan to do, specifically a very cute and fast quilt I've gotten all ready to quilt. I call it the Love U Charm quilt but this pattern could be used with any charm pack and about 1 yard of fabric. I'm probably going to take better pictures of the process for the next one I make and then write it into a tutorial. I use this pattern/design at my last Crafty Girls Workshop meet up at my house as a quick pattern for the participants to make for charity quilts. I had two lovely ladies decide to make the quilts and they picked the absolutely cutest charm packs! First, Ms. M chose the Tweet Tweet charms which have the cutest birdies printed on them and would work for either a little boy or girl! She also chose a yard of the green brick road stripe from the Oz collection as the sashing, which is a wild choice but really ended up coordinating really well! And Ms. P chose a Boutique charm pack and the green dots from the Oz collection for the sashing. I think they are very cute together, what do you think?


Well, I'd better get my lunch finished up so I can get to quilting! I hope to get it finished so I can post the final picture tomorrow! Since tomorrow is the first day of June, I'm going to have a special post too. Something that I need help with from all you fabulous crafty peeps out there! Stay tuned!

Happy Stitches,
Anna

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anna,

    I've missed your regular posts. Looking forward to seeing your finished quilt.

    I hope you enjoyed your long weekend.

    ReplyDelete