Monday, February 7, 2011

I {heart} Mixed Media, Skeleton Keys, Ephemera and Blog Hopping

Last night I bought this book

Stitch Alchemy: Combining Fabric & Paper for Mixed Media Art

because of this friend and now I'm in LOVE with this paper-cloth making idea. Oh I also bought this:

The Quilting Arts Book: Techniques and Inspiration for Creating One-of-a-Kind Quilts

because I want to expand my quilting abilities and just reading it was completely inspiring. Also right now I'm TOTALLY into doing mixed media stuff. Or at least, I'm into DREAMING about doing mixed media stuff. I also bought a really cool blank book so I can do some art journaling, even though I hardly consider myself an artist. Oh and to help me do all that? I bought this:


From a cute shop on Etsy called Altered Paradise

And that's mostly because first I saw this in my e-mail this morning:



I immediately hopped over to Etsy and found Altered Paradise, just from searching some word like "antique keys" or something like that. And I found these:



Bought them right up! Too bad there's an ice storm in Indianapolis and they might not be able to ship this stuff until Friday Feb 11. Guess it will be a little late for V-Day BUT I'll have something fun to wear any time of the year! (An ice storm sort of reflects how my heart feels at this moment anyway)

So what are you all up to today?

Happy Stitches,
Anna

1 comment:

  1. I'm working on a pillow for my granddaughter for Valentine's Day - I love KarrieLyne's new pocket pillow pattern!

    ReplyDelete