Thursday, October 1, 2009

Kitchen Decor - Always a Great Gift

If you're looking for a gift you can make that is fast and comes out looking great, think about making some embellished Flour Sack Towels. There are so many easy, fun, and fast embroidery designs available, many of them free or very inexpensive. It just so happens that we have some great patterns in our shop that would be the perfect addition to some useful and inexpensive flour sack towels (which we also carry.) In fact, look at this cute pattern to make a set of 12 holiday flour sack towels.



And if you like that, you can even get the entire kit! It includes the red fabric with white polka dots and ALL the DMC thread you need to finish the embroidered designs, oh and the towels, of course. The red ric rack is up to you, unfortunately, we had some trouble sourcing it but these towels will still be adorable without the ric rack. That leaves it open for a little more creativity.



Or if you'd like to make something a little less holiday oriented, we have a lovely Flowerpot Tea Towels/Floursack Towels stitchery pattern available here. I think one of the best things about this type of pattern is that it can be used over and over again. What a great housewarming present this would make!

I'd also like to mention a faraway friend of mine who lives in Australia, Jenny of ELEFANTZ, she has a fabulous blog, and she also designs the prettiest patterns that combine embroidery and just a little bit of super easy applique. You can purchase her designs from her Etsy shop and there is a very good chance that we'll begin to carry them later on this year (especially if we hear from YOU to say you'd like us to offer them.) Remember that kitchen decor, especially soft and large flour sack towels embellished with a little embroidery or fabric, make a wonderful gift for the holidays, birthdays, and especially as a house warming present. I hope you enjoy this idea and will check back again soon for some more holiday gift ideas.

Happy Stitches,

Anna

P.S. Don't forget, there's still time to pick up that SECRET ITEM with FREE SHIPPING!! That would make a great gift for someone as well and it's already finished!!

2 comments:

  1. Anna, I would love to see your soldered pendants. I am having fun, but the supplies are a bit steep and that's my I split them with my mother in law. I have a pendant I bought at a craft fair that has the wavy solder on it and I was wondering how theh heck she did that. I will have to be on the look out for that. I love your blog and all your fabric. I will have to head over to your new shop and check it all out. Thanks for all your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna,
    Wow. Found you via SITS, and I am a lover of your blog--I am NOT so crafty, but you sure do inspire me! I'll return again soon--and again and again, I'm sure!

    Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete