Saturday, April 17, 2010

Spring Studio Spruce Up Challenge

Yeah, it's not very pretty, but here are some pictures of my Sewing Space currently. Actually, I've moved my sewing machine downstairs because my sewing space is so cluttered that I can't think in there and would rather work downstairs! Plus, it's easier to let my dog in and out all day if I'm not running up and down the stairs (need to get a doggy door).






Basically, my work space is a mess! I have the luxury of having an entire room dedicated to a creative space but yet I've moved my mess downstairs, hmm, seems sort of contradictory, don't you think? So my challenge to myself, and you if you choose to accept it, is to spruce of my sewing space for Spring! Then I can really get in there and work on some exciting projects and not feel like my hobby/business is taking over the dining room!
Here is where I plan to gain some inspiration, this AWESOME magazine we have listed for an AMAZING deal, called Studios. See where it says "storage solutions for every artist"? That's exactly what I need! We only have 4 more copies available and since this is last years' issue, we've knocked $2 off the price! So, if you want to join me in the Spring Studio Spruce Up, please post a picture of YOUR sewing space/creative space (it doesn't have to be an entire room, we can get the best inspiration from all sorts of different spaces) and we'll check back next week to see what you've done to spruce it up!




I can't wait to see your before pictures.

Happy Spring Spruce Up!
Anna

P.S. If you DO link up your before pictures you'll be entered to WIN a FREE goodie bag from Crafty Girls Workshop! I plan to do a drawing each week AND one at the end, so if you post every week, you'll get multiple entries! Please join me!!

5 comments:

  1. Anna..I am so glad you stopped in too! I am following you back. I love it when a new craft blog finds its way into my reader :) I too have a craft room...uh yeah, aka the dining room...I am in a small messy corner! I long for a room of my own but that will be after one of the kids moves out and I am not in a hurry for that! Thanks for stopping by and joining the party. I can't wait to follow you and see more projects!
    ~Gay~
    itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, fellow PEAR! Springtime also has me thinking about cleaning out my crafting space. I've realized that my organization system went out the window and I really need to get a handle on my massive yarn stash... before it takes over my apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for inviting me to link up! It's not a craft room, but here's my dining room with a freshening up for Spring. Have a happy {springy} day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will write the post today and load pictures after I clean it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had to think so hard about whether I wanted to share the disgustingness that was my "sewing studio" before I cleaned it this weekend. In the end I figured I have no shame , why pretend.

    I still maintain Anna, I should get double entries because it's autumn here which makes a spring spruce up twice as hard...

    ReplyDelete